Does your vehicle's paintwork resemble the images below in the sun or under lighting?
What you see are often referred to as swirls marks, these defects are in the clearcoat and add a dullness to the paintwork robbing the finish any clarity and depth.
The main cause of paintwork defects like these, are due to automated car washes or poor washing techniques, typically associated with cheap roadside handwash centres.
Gleammachine offer a specialist polishing service to rejuvenate and enhance your vehicles paintwork, this includes a paintwork correction procedure and decontamination using machine polishers, fine diminishing abrasive polishes and proven techiques to remove swirl marks, light scratches, oxidisation, marring and holograms.
Specialist equipment is used to read the depth of paint and clearcoat, from the readings taken this enables me to assess the level of correction achievable and to identify thin areas or re-painted panels.
A typical vehicle from new will read in the region of 110-140 microns, this is a combination of primer, basecoat and clearcoat, with a typical corrective procedure around 1-4 microns of clearcoat are removed to level minor to moderate defects, my ethos is to always polish to a safe level, thus providing the opportunity for future maintenance and avoiding clearcoat failure at a later date.
Paintwork correction involves 2-3 stages of polishing, from removing the defects and levelling the paint, to refinement using fine polishes to add gloss, depth and clarity to the finish.
Once the paintwork is refined a protection stage is involved using a wax, sealant or coating to form a protective barrier against the elements.
The above procedures are time consuming, require high levels of concentration and take many years to perfect, for this most correctional details take place over 4-5 days some requiring longer periods dependant on condition.
No two commisions are ever the same, and each vehicle is judged upon it's own merits, so in most cases & where possible the vehicle is often assessed prior to the booking to advise what can be achieved, and to obtain an accurate quote and idea of the level of work necessary, all of which is non obligational.
If the vehicle cannot be conveniently viewed beforehand, it is important that an honest description of the vehicle's condition is provided, this enables me to price accordingly and allow adequate time to complete the work.
Paintwork Correction detail.
This detail is to remove swirls and surface scratches, refine and level the paintwork back to the finest possible finish, with the aim of achieving as close to perfection and defect free, as the paintwork allows.
Whilst this is the most expensive service offered, the price is offset in the guaranteed increase in value and curb appeal of your vehicle.
- An intensive wash programme using a ph neutral wash concentrate & 0 ppm filtered water.
- A warm citrus pre-wash solution applied to vehicle and rinsed.
- Vehicle foamed using a deep lather to draw the dirt out and rinsed.
- Vehicle re-foamed and washed using a ph neutral shampoo with 100% lambswool mitts.
- Paintwork dried using plush microfibre drying cloths.
- Arches and door shuts cleaned.
- Wheels cleaned using a ph neutral gel and horse hair brushes.
- Paintwork clay barred to remove any bonded contaminants.
- Paint depth readings taken to access the level of correction.
- 3 stage paintwork correction using compounds & graded polishes applied via machine polishers to remove defects and level the paint.
- Paintwork burnished by machine using finishing polishes and glazing oils to produce a high gloss and depth of clarity.
- Paintwork wiped down with a mild alcohol solution.
- Pre-wax paintwork cleanser or glaze applied to aid wax bonding.
- 2 layers of 51% yellow carnuaba wax or sealant applied to paintwork and shuts (additional layers and upgrades available upon request).
- Alloys polished and sealed throughout using an acrylic wax/sealant.
- Windows polished throughout and treated with rain repellant.
- Tyres,arches and exterior trim dressed & polished.
- Chrome & metal trim polished and sealed.
- Final buff down with a detailing spray & plush microfibres.
- Rubber seals fed and conditioned to prevent premature drying and wear.
Price from £800.00
Time required approx: 4-7 day booking.
Above price based upon a 4 day correctional detail.
Each vehicle's condition is treated individually with no two commissions being the same. For paintwork that requires further treatment, prices will be charged accordingly, and this will be made clear upon assessment & quotation.
Please note- no liability will be accepted in the unlikely result of damaged caused by or in conjunction with any inferior, poorly applied or non warranted paint applications (smart repairs).